Editor: Håkan Petersson
Having a dropshadow without an image sounds too good to be true, don't you agree?
Well, it is possible with css. Let me show you how.
- Open up your CSS inspector and choose class. Give it a name (I use .dropshadow)
- Then choose the last little icon named "List and Others"
- In the property-name type in "filter".
- Copy and paste the following code in the property-value: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.dropshadow(OffX=5, OffY=5, Color='gray', Positive='true')
- As you see there are 4 places to change values. I have made them blue.
- The OffX and OffY value is how many pixels the dropshadow will have.
- The Color is the color nr or in this case, the colorname.
- The Positive value is "true" or "false".
To use is open the CSS window chose eg the table tag and apply it. This work on Table, TD, DIV and a lot more.
Enjoy and have fun.